Thursday, July 9, 2015

Tropical Landscape Art, Florida Painting, Florida Morning" by Carol Schiff, 6x8" Oil Landscape

I woke up early, grabbed a cup of coffee and my camera, and headed to Florida's intracoastal waterway.  In our area, it is the Indian River, and I arrived there just in time to see the sun break over the horizon.

Purchase here
96 + shipping
 When I had finished my photos, I drank my coffee and enjoyed that wonderful early morning atmosphere.  You know the one, where it seems that only you and maybe a few birds are up and around.  It is so still, the birds are starting to feed, and a small pod of dolphins are fishing off shore.  Heaven!




I am often asked where I find my small frames.  The answer is my favorite framer.  Apparently it is standard procedure for framers to throw away the end pieces of moldings.  My framer, who has a large following of artists, started using those end pieces to make  up small standard sized frames.  He always has a good selection and sells them for next to nothing.  Perfect for starving artists!

If you are in Melbourne, FL area, his store is Ridley's Frames on Palm Bay Road and Troutman Ave. in Palm Bay.  Stop in and load up on his treasures and tell him I sent you in :)

Happy Day!



www.CarolSchiffStudio.Etsy.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment