Thursday, May 27, 2021

Tropical Landscape Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, "Sunset in the Wetlands", 6x8" Oil Painting


This tropical landscape painting depicts the sinking sun and reflections on one of Florida's many waterways. This particular wetland is located between Florida's intracoastal waterway to the west and the Atlantic on the east, on the barrier island that runs down the east coast of Florida. It's a particularly fascinating place as the two bodies of water are less than 1/2 mile apart.

purchase here
100 + shipping


I am just returned from a month in our North Carolina mountain home.  We usually don't stay that long, so, this time I took all my painting supplies and was determined to paint while there.  I finally accomplished this painting, but let me tell you it was not easy.  I could not find the perfect lighting, the perfect place to work (we just put in all new flooring which would not look good with oil paint splattered all over it).  All in all, I did not feel comfortable and was sooooo happy to return to my studio in Florida.  This is something I will have to get used to as we will be spending much more time in the mountains than in past years.  Studio painters (like me) get so spoiled.....I almost wish I were a plein aire painter who can paint anywhere and under any conditions.




Have a happy day today!

Thanks for reading my blog.


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment