Saturday, May 14, 2016

Floral Landscape Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, Coneflower Painting, 12x16" Original Oil

I seem to be stuck....painting coneflowers!  It could be worse.

Purchase here
325 + shipping
also available as giclee print
I have been fascinated by coneflowers (echincea) every since I first saw them in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  First, I tried to grow them.  Not such good luck.  My thumb is only green when I paint.

detail
It's not that they are difficult to grow, but they must be deadheaded.  Since I am only in North Carolina for a few weeks at a time, I usually would fine brown flowers.  Before they could bloom again, I would be gone.


I added a few dandelions and a fiddlehead.  Hope you enjoy this piece.

Thank you for viewing my art today.



www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment