Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, "Mountain Poppy Field" by Carol Schiff, 8x10x1.5" Oil

My husband and I spend lots of summer time in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina.  Whenever I visit, I carry my camera just about everywhere.

purchase here
150 + shipping


I always love it when I stumble across a field of flowers....it seems like a little surprise gift.  I do have to admit that this gift was probably planted by the North Carolina Highway Department or some such government organization.  Still I have to appreciate the beauty of this seemingly random scene.


FIND ME ON FACEBOOK
CHECK OUT MY ETSY SITE
PRINTS OF MY WORK
For years, I have resisted painting on gallery wrap canvas because of difficulty with storage and shipping.  Finally, I have seen the light and am moving in that direction!  I still have lots of canvas panels and studio canvas to use up, but as I replenish my supplies, I am using gallery wrap.  It is so superior in look and of course, the ability to hang without a frame.  The exception to this is my small 6x8" paintings which I will probably continue on canvas panel.  I would love to hear your thoughts on this issue!
I hope you like today's daily painting.

www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment