Thursday, May 22, 2014

Garden Landscape Painting, Rose Painting, "A Walk in the Garden" by Carol Schiff,24x30x1.5 Oil



A few months ago, I did a small study of this scene, on Laura Plantation in southern Louisiana.  I have wanted to paint a larger version, but, life got in the way.  Finally, I  was able to finish this 24x30" piece.

purchase here
1095. + shipping
It brings back memories of a trip I took to New Orleans last year.  We spent the day driving through the surrounding countryside and toured two plantations that bordered the Mississippi levy.

As you can imagine, the grounds were stunning, but I couldn't help but think of the slaves who toiled there.

detail

I painted using both a brush and palette knife.  I love the texture a palette knife brings to a piece.  I think it adds so much interest.

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK
FIND ME ON ETSY
PRINTS

I painted the sides of the canvas black.  This piece will work well either framed or unframed.

Don't forget to pin it, please.


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment