Friday, December 23, 2016

Northwest Landscape, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, "The Great Northwest" by Carol Schiff, 12x16" Oil


My husband and I took our first trip to the Northwest this summer. We were stunned by the gorgeous scenery in every direction.

purchase here
325. + shipping

Obviously, we have pine trees and ocean views in Florida, but, how could they be so very different in Washington and British Columbia?  Everything seemed larger than life with trees towering into the sky and waterfalls tumbling down the sides of mountains.  It was a fabulous trip that we hope to repeat some day.

I painted this, in my studio, on linen attached to board.  As much as I like the idea of painting plein aire, it's not me.  I was taught to paint from images and still do it to this day.



No comments:

Post a Comment